Thursday, July 19, 2012

Blasphemy against the Holy Spirit

Matt 12:31-32  "Therefore I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven men, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven men.  Anyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man, it will be forgiven him; but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, either in this age or in the age to come.   If you blaspheme against the Holy Spirit, if you speak impiously of his nature, attributes and works, you shall not be forgiven!  I also think that if someone has the Holy Spirit working in them and you say no, it's not the Holy Spirit, but demonic, that is also blasphemy!  So guard your mouth!  We will be held accountable on the day of judgment for every idle word we spoke!

Father in heaven, please forgive me any idle words spoken in my lifetime,  I am very sorry and through your Holy Spirit help me to guard my mouth and think before I speak.  In Jesus' Holy Name I pray.  Thank you and Amen.
Thank God I have never had the urge to blaspheme the Holy Spirit.  I respect Him too much!

Let us never forget the holiness of God and show Him the respect He deserves as the Creator of the universe!  He is our Creator, who became flesh to die on the cross as the only Worthy Holy Lamb to be sacrificed for our foul sins and who rose from the dead and left us His Holy Spirit to comfort and teach us.  HOLY HOLY HOLY is the LORD GOD ALMIGHTY, WHO WAS AND IS AND IS TO COME!

 



No comments: